Friday, August 17, 2007

Austin is back in Boston

I know have not not posted all summer or even at the end of the last semester but I finally have completely unoccupied time to sit by myself in my brother's room and not have to worry about who is watching or what I need to do for tomorrow. I have several important things to do but as long as I don't have any form of transportation and my email isn't working I have nothing else to do but to read and concern myself with Orientation matters later. I came back early for Orientation Staff, meaning I help freshmen figure out the first few days at school and if it is a cool group even the next couple of weeks or so.

I worked all the way through Wednesday at Prudential Financial. I haven't mentioned this (seeing as I haven't posted in a long time) but I was lucky enough to get an internship at Prudential Financial as a Target Marketing Researcher. I got paid really well for only having a year of college experience. I am not going to lie and say that it was hard to get or I interviewed really well, it was a gift form one of my friend's mothers who really likes me and thought I would do a good job. I won't bored you with the details. Simply that it was fairly easy since they did not have the position filled of the person who was supposed to be my supervisor so no one really knew what to do with me. Nonetheless I did some pretty basic work, researched a lot of stuff on google and facebooked, a lot.

Anways, I left work on Wednesday the 15th about 3 (they gave me a leather portfolio and stuff as a gift and told me they hoped I would come back next summer, I cannot tell you how amazing it feels to have a job already set up for next summer.) I went home and mowed the lawn (a request of my dads before I left) and then it typical Mueller fashion began packing 4 hours before I left. I am proud to say I only ended up forgetting 2 things 1. My bible (I had put it in the car so I wouldn't forget it and then we ended up taking the other car.) 2. I can't remember but it did not really concern me all that much. I almost forgot my PS2 at Brent's house. My mom and grandma drove me to the airport at 8:10 pm for my red-eye to Boston. Proud to say one of my bags was 43 pounds and the other was 55 but they didn't charge me. I couldn't sleep on the plane (which is strange because usually I sleep straight through the first half of the flight) so I read for a while with a flashlight I had brought (I know there a lights above but they are really bright and I always hate it when I am trying to sleep and someone else has it on.) About 2 hours into the flight there was a well placed shrieking baby. Yes shrieking, I can tune out crying but this baby (it was more like 1-2 years old) was screaming and then taking a breath every 5 seconds. A lot of people got really annoyed and I will admit that I was one of them at first, but then I felt bad for those poor parents who wished their kid was yelling that everyone on the plane didn't hate their child for it. I just started to laugh to myself about it (I was lucky enough to have a window seat and no one next to me).

Shane picked me up at about 6am, we picked up his girlfriend Liz, got breakfast and this place across the street from his house and then I took a nap until 3pm. I spent the rest of the day at Liz's new apartment cleaning up trash and helping her decide where to put pictures and such.

I left Jessica all by herself for a while before her Andy or anyone else gets there. I hope you are doing alright JC.

I am excited for this year and a little bit concerned. I have already packed my schedule pretty full and I still haven't finalized my schedule.

Part of the reason I don't blog as much is because I have Facebook to put all my pictures up on and that acts as a memory bank as well as my blog so here are somethings that happened this summer.

Important things this summer:
1. Climbing Trip with my friend Daniel who came out from Costa Rica. He goes to Gordon and we decided to climb a few 14ers. Our trip consisted of climbing Mt. Democrat, Mt. Cameron, Mt. Lincoln, Mt. Bross. 4 peaks in 6 hours is pretty good. We made it up Democrat about sunrise and it was breathtaking as were all the rest. Maybe I will go back and do a post on this.
2. Brent bought a 5 bedroom 3 bathroom house in Englewood. He tore down a wall between the family room and living room so now it is a "Great Hall." He is doing a lot of remodeling and it looks pretty nice. Quinoa is also enjoying the backyard.
3. Grandpa passed away of brain cancer at the age of 90 (I think) (Mom's dad) and we drove out to Kansas for the funeral. It was a really nice funeral and he died a month or so after his 59th anniversary and a few weeks after his birthday.
4. Climbed Quandry with Sara. It was sort of random. Her: I want to climb a 14er. Me: I want to do one more before I leave. So we climbed Quandry, pretty easy as far as 14ers go but pretty long with a lot of false summits. She made it to the top (after a brief moment of weakness Sara: Would you be disappointed if we had to turn back?) It was amazing (as they all are) and congrats to Sara for making it.

I am looking to buy posters of Colorado Mountains to put up in my room, let me know if you see any good ones on the internet.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger shane said...

i love this blog soo much. thanks austin in boston!

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home